Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
- Your Name
- Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- User Name
- Enter your e-mail address, again.
- Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Enter mail.homelessnation.org for your incoming mail server.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Enter relais.videotron.ca for your outgoing mail server.
Click "More Settings."
NOTE: "relais.videotron.ca" is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send e-mails, you must first activate SMTP relay on your e-mail account. Log on to your Manage Email Accounts page to set up SMTP relay. If you do not have SMTP relay set up and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service Provider. Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this setting.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- If you did not change the SMTP relay section, select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server". If you changed the user name and password in the SMTP relay section of your Manage Email Accounts page, select "Log on using" and enter the user name and password. The following example assumes you did not change your SMTP relay section in your Manage Email Accounts page.
- Select the "Advanced" tab and change the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" port to 25 or 3535.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.